Fitting in Exercise

Yes - I exercise, or try to despite a crazy work schedule and active community involvement. Anyways, here are some ways I've tried to incorporate a little extra excercise outside the gym:

- Walk to work. Instead of taking the subway, I walk to and from work. This requires a little extra time / planning but adds 40 minutes of light to moderate activity and comfy shoes.

- Take the stairs at work. I work on the 12th floor so to culminate my morning walk or start my evening walk, the stairs get my heart rate up. I also don't have to wait for the elevator which sometimes takes forever. During the day if I have to go downstairs, I also take the stairs - it makes me feel like I'm doing some sort of activity during the otherwise "sit at my desk" day.

- Take a walk during lunch. Whether it be in the underground pathway or outside (if there's nice weather), I take a short walk during lunch time to get my circulation going. Plus, it's a great time to people watch. (I eat lunch at my desk before I go).

- While watching my evening news (or any TV show I indulge myself in), I do lunges, sit ups and squats. They the commercials go by faster.

What do you guys do?

No comments: